Monday, November 06, 2006

Is it really possible to be over Starbucks?







I have always favored the mom and pop coffee shop over the chain but recently with the addition of children to my life relaxing in a coffee shop and people watching has been far from possible. Most of the Starbucks in Jacksonville have a drive thru which makes dining easy with kids secure in the Britax in the back seat. But the past couple times I have been "thru"...I haven't even found anything to get excited about on the menu what is a coffee lover to do? I would never remotely balk at the price like other coffee lovers who can swear by certain gas stations $.99 cup of Joe... But come on Starbucks give me something here to work with...
While this is my favorite coffee time of the year- I love the Pumpkin Spice Latte but even that seems boring these days...Kim and I loved the Green Tea Frapps last summer but this summer they had to go an add blackberries to it...You could request it minus the blackberry whatever but really why would you have wanted that in there anyway...Yuck!

PS on a little side note...We don't eat fast food alot so my children don't really recognize McDonald's or Burger King signs while we are driving but my 2 year old can spot a Starbucks a mile away and is already asks for his own cup.... Could mean trouble is a brewing (pun intended)

1 comment:

rubyiscoming said...

Maybe we just need to find a new place to go? I'm brewing my own Roobios tea in the afternoon now....even Corner Brasserie (mmmm, corner brasserie yummy!) has Roobios now :)