Monday, November 06, 2006

Don't hate me but I have good hair- I mean really good HAIR!

I say this because I am scared.

First off, I am really still shocked that I have such good hair because I have always had pretty bad skin even now I suffer from adult acne But really I can't remember the last time I have had a bad hair day. And I live in an area with about the worst water quality and most humidity possible. Not to mention I have permed, highlighted, colored, frosted, low lighted, straightened, bleached my hair pretty much since about the age of 5. I got the "Annie" perm first.

(BTW, Hair naturally a light brown color and straight!)

I say I am scared because of the recent work status change I am forced to change hair products. See I think while good hair comes from good genes (Thanks MOM!) I also believe good hair comes from expensive hair care products. For as long as I can remember I used Aveda. LOVE IT! But then about 2 years ago I switched to something all organic b/c I read some horrible stuff about Sodium Laurel Sulfates (pardon the spelling) So all organic it was- Nothing I couldn't pronounce was going on this noggin. And Oh how I loved it but this organic shampoo and condition comes with a price about $16 a bottle. And the bottle is not gallon sized.

It just so happened I ran out of the shampoo and conditioner at approximately the same time I quit my job.... GASP! What is a girl to do!
Now I know Chris wouldn't even bat an eyelash if I went out and bought "my beloved shampoo"
But I can't for the life of me do it. So Hold your breath again- I have become a SUAVE GIRL!
all of $1.92 a bottle at Target. And mind you the bottle is bigger than the organic bottle.

I have been using the suave for about a month now- and no back lash yet- We have entered a less humid time here in Jacksonville if that is possible and I am really watching what I eat b/c of baby #3 but only time will tell if the girl who has always had good hair can keep her reputation....

2 comments:

rubyiscoming said...

You could do a "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" ad for Suave! :) They will WORSHIP you! Yup, we dig the supermarket shampoo, too - Suave on, girl!

Jodi Renshaw said...

Hey there, How about telling us the name of the secret $16/ bottle shampoo? I am not a Suave girl and really need the help of a good shampoo.