Monday, October 16, 2006

Gavinism...







As many of you know I teach yoga and I have been reading lately about Eastern Religions and such. Well, recently I was talking to Chris about "chi"-- It has been described in western culture many ways as in the framework at which we look at things, ones life force, or general outlook or behavior. Well, sometimes as adults we need to "harness our chi"- regain control of our situation when it comes to dealing with our children- I try to remember this before I say something mean or hurtful to the boys that I really don't mean. We have also asked Chandler to start using it to when he gets mad at Gavin about taking his toys, knocking over a castle he just built etc etc. Tonight while we were all laying down to put the boys to sleep, they were particular hyper. After story telling and singing still no rest was coming to their little bodies- So Chris politely asked them to "Harness their Chi's" in which Brother's response was "mmm..Cheese" Needless to say we all started laughing and it took even more time for the boys to nod off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew about this until I started going through your blog, I think this a true testament about Gavin and his own special personality. I am sharing this today (his birthday) on my own blog about all the wonderful and funny things Gavin did while he was alive. I miss you and him as well as Chandler and Fiona. Love you forever.

-Your niece