Monday, February 05, 2007

So I have an addiction...

Yes, I know everyone has them- but I have always prided myself on not having an "addictive personality." That I need no one specific thing to survive. I don't need a cup of coffee in the morning, never been a "smoker", never even really a drinker- I like wine but never had to have it- I do like to shop- but I am picky, I hate the mall and all things commercial....

But I am addicted to Health Food/Organic Grocery Stores
So here is how I know this is an addiction...I find out where they are and visit them while on vacations, if husband suggests a possible place to move someday I Google to see if they have a Wild Oats, Whole Foods, etc etc in the area or near by, when on vacation I check the phone book in the hotel and make sure we visit the "Mom and Pop" ones that I may have missed online, I make sure we visit any or all of them while on vacation (don't worry I don't take pictures in or around the store but maybe I should...:) and buy something. Sometimes I talk to the manager/owner about how great there store is. I just love them.
I love seeing the fresh vegetables, I love smelling the oils, the candles, the coffees and knowing mostly everything in the store is good for me or the earth or both. Organic standards are a concern of mine and I don't want places like WalMart weakening them. Do I wish Organics were cheaper? yes! Do I wish more people could afford them? yes! But at the cost of quality and truly helping save the earth for our children? HELL NO!
I talk with Chris about owning our own little organic grocery store some day...I think that may be my retirement job one day but somehow no one has told me how or when I get to retire from this "Mom thing"
...if you have a clue let me know :)

2 comments:

rubyiscoming said...

you're addicted to health food...i'm addicted to shoes from Nordstrom - we all have addictions!!!! :)

S said...

I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one! LOL