Thursday, October 05, 2006

Reply from my Sister...thought you might enjoy

This is an email I got from my sister Angela. She and I have pretty much lived opposite lives. Her oldest daughter will graduate from college in May and her younger wil start next fall (2007). She put her career on hold as an attorney 20 years ago to stay at home. So I guess she knows a little about what she is talking about....

Francie,

I have to reply by email because I couldn't figure out how to reply to the blog. I hope that your days at home with the boys will bring you more satisfaction than you ever imagined possible. And I promise--if not way before they are 20 years old--you will be so thrilled that you have invested what it takes in their lives because they will be so much more fun to be around since they will have become your best friends. We can always hope that great parents will always love their kids, but it takes time and effort and a commitment of engagement to find parents who "like" their kids and would want to spend their time together rather than with someone else. Best of luck to you in your new world. I know it has all been worth it for me!!!

Love ya,Angela

PS It seems ironic to me, as you face coming home I am beginning to face returning to work and I think I am more scared than you. But I do still have at least 6 months to a year before I need to make anything real.

No comments: