Thursday, October 05, 2006

So I had another blog and I sucked at it...

So lucky for me you can just delete these sort of things and move on. Pretty easy. But it has come to my attention basically because I am surrounded by empty boxes in my office (should be packing) that I am entering the world of the Stay at Home MOM. (And I will have more time to create a not so sucky blog.) And at first and by most accounts this excites me. I have been working since about the age 16 up to three jobs at a time. I like to spend money so you need to work to spend money. Get it! Double edged Sword.... Being able to enjoy time with my 2 sons Chandler 3 and Gavin 2 and new baby #3 due in March.
No more pantyhose and suits in the summer in Florida.
No more boring business lunches.
No more following policy and procedures for no better reason then "that is just what we do"
No more deadlines to bosses (yes I currently report to 2 Bosses not just one)
See doesn't leaving all this behind sound great.

Well, I am now currently scared.

I have always contributed.................And I know I will be contributing even more now being at home with the kids but who will do my quarterly evalution? How will I earn my Merit Increase? Who will call me up and ask for opinions of their work/idea/project? Who will tell me I look nice in my new Ann Taylor Suit? Funny, I may never own another new Ann Taylor Suit. I don't think that is suitable playgroup attire. See I kind of always thought of my self as a working girl...No not that kind of working girl (heads out of the gutter) But it has come to my attention that to be that girl you can't really be the kind of Mom I want to be.

I want to be the Mom who sends the best homemade treats into school for birthdays, I want to be the Mom who is home after school, I want to be the Mom who my kids' friends think is cool, I want to be the Mom who doesn't have to worry about deadlines, bosses, goals, and paperwork. And these two people don't exist in one person at least not in this one person.

I love what I do as a career. I have a great title. I make decent money,more than some whole households make. But I love what I hope to do as a MOM even more. End of the day someone else will come sit at this desk and do this job maybe even better than I have- But at the end of the day no one will be able to do the job of mothering my children better than me.

Guess my decision is easier than I thought.
Wish me luck on the journey.
I promise to keep you posted :)

1 comment:

rubyiscoming said...

(grin)

See? You can solve all your own life's dilemmas just by writing it all out! :)

You are a FANTASTIC mother - and I promise to tell you when you look pretty fabulous in something you are wearing -- even if it is never again an Ann Taylor suit!

xo
Kim